Saturday, January 2, 2010

trying for variety

or at least not eating the same dinner one night that I had the night before.....while I was in WalMart getting a four-pak of Heet, I wandered into the food section and found a little jar of chipped beef looking just like I remembered it always looking....even with the stars around the rim like a jelly jar....anyway, I know how to make chipped beef on toast, or SOS or Shit on a Shingle....but I Googled it anyway for the fun of it....there are lots of entries of course, but the interesting one was from seebeecookbook which told how they fixed it according to military manuals from WWI forward.....and there was a really fancy southerncooking version with mushrooms and all kinds of good stuff....but I'm just going to do the basic, like Joan used to make. It got all the way up to 34F today....whoop-de-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment