Tuesday, April 27, 2010

seasonal weather pattern

the time of year when it is clear in the morning, and starts clouding up with a chance of rain in the afternoon, wind from the west.....a "lake wind warning" in effect, because there could be 25 mph gusts if you are out in your fishing boat....but it was lovely out walking in the morning, sun starting to come and go now around noon....I was looking for Cuticura Ointment, since the can I've had for decades finally got used up....but couldn't find it at CVS or WalMart, but at WalMart they said to try the little local pharmacy in Clinton, since they carried lots of "the old time remedies, like black salve and such"....well, I went in the little drugstore yesterday, but they didn't stock it, but they did order it for me and got it here this morning. I thought that was good service for a $4 item.....I could have ordered it online, but this was quicker and cheaper, the old fashioned way of doing things....there's nothing like Cuticura for spider bites, or for when you get snagged by a thorn on a vine....my lawnmower shed has both spiders and thorny vines.....

No comments:

Post a Comment