Sunday, September 26, 2010

lanai

The California trailer park laws called my old place at the Resort a "Trailer-home with lanai".....the whole thing was under a tin roof.....and on days like this you could just sit and listen to the rain on the tin roof, which is a nice, relaxing thing to do.....on this side of the country, a California room is called a Florida room.....a lanai in other words.....I don't have a tin roof here, but when it rains hard enough I can hear the tin roof on my shed....or the tin roof on the church across the street, which is a metal building with a brick facade at the main entrance....the smaller sheds in the mill village were outhouses, like the one in my back yard.....two doors over down Washington, the neighbor has a much bigger shed, at one time either the chicken-house for the block, or maybe the washing-house......or maybe even the stable, you get different stories....

No comments:

Post a Comment