Tuesday, September 28, 2010

leftovers report

they didn't have the rye bread I like on the shelf yesterday, so I got the whole wheat that was on sale....it's good too.....so I toasted a slice of that and spread on mayo and mustard and made a half-sandwich with a little swiss cheese and a small piece of leftover chicken fried steak I had been saving for just such an occasion.....and two dill cocktail pickles, and a glass of Argentine burgundy....so I'm looking at probably chili-pepper shrimp and pimento cheese grits with the beet and romaine salad for this evening.....and then tomorrow should be a light shopping day, since I've still got leftover taco meat and burrito fixings to use up.....I will buy eggs, since the ad in the mail this morning says they will be .88 a dozen large.....and I'm low on peanuts....looks like a good price on pork chops......the sun has come out and the breeze is blowing and the birds are singing....and I found some good books on the library trip......

No comments:

Post a Comment