Wednesday, September 8, 2010

memory

sometimes this blog is useful as memory....because I can look back and see what I did on a previous day....or see what day of the week yesterday was.....right now I'm going to use it to remember a recipe: 2.26 libra slab of baby back ribs....cut in half and place in large iron skillet, bone side up....douse with apple cider vinegar, maybe a half cup....sprinkle with oregano....let sit for an hour.....pre-heat broiler to 400 an hour or so before you want to eat.....place ribs six inches below broiling element, leave for 1/2 hour and check it out....if it looks good, turn ribs over and pour on your bbq sauce, turn up to 425 and leave another 1/2 hour.....remove from broiler and let sit the ten or fifteen minutes it takes to fix the rest of the meal....in this case it was corn on the cob and macaroni salad, glass of red wine.....ribs were just the way I like them, tender, but not real fall-off-the-bone....that irritates me, I like them pretty meaty like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment