Thursday, March 25, 2010

back from the big city

made it through the traffic somehow....I'm sure glad there's nothing like that around this neck of the woods....used the Hwy 14 detour to get on the interstate at Owings, and found the church easily enough once I negotiated the interchanges and surface traffic to Old Spartanburg Road.....lots of relatives were at the visitation.....of course Wayne and the other Brocktons, and Rusty, Lucy, and Aunt Doris came together....and Charlotte and Beth were there....Rusty says "hello" to Nick, and will say the same to Jack from us when he sees him....I stayed a little over an hour, and heard some tales and met some younger folk I don't think I'd met before....but I didn't stay for the service and drive to the cemetery and all that....it was starting to rain a little bit when I headed back to Clinton, hope it doesn't pour down on the burying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment