Thursday, March 4, 2010

the HVAC downdraft

is in the entrance hall, so cooking aromas end up by my front door, even though the kitchen is at the back of the house, in the traditional manner....so right now if you came in the house, you would smell simmering beef stew, mixed with skillet sausage and pickle. Fried pickle in your sandwich is another strange southern thing, but I like it.....you can also get it breaded and deep-fried as bar food....so they say, I haven't been in a bar in ages....29F on the morning walk, but the sun is out now so it will be warmer than that on the afternoon walk, maybe up to 50 or so.....I've been reading scary near-future sci fi books from the library....I'm glad I won't live to see it when the coastal cities are all flooded out, and gene-altered blights rage through the ecosystem .....and there is no more gasoline, etc....damn it, maybe I will....or the kids and grandkids.....anyway, need to go to Wal*Mart tomorrow I guess, get some things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment