Tuesday, February 22, 2011

61 degrees at sunrise

Was able to walk for the newspaper without a jacket.....and some blossoms are starting to scent the air as you walk past on the sidewalk.....the county is under high fire danger.....but there are no laws here to stop you from burning, they can only fine you if it actually gets out of control and burns somebody else's property.....so there was a big fire the next county over, from a burn pile that the guy thought was out but the high winds kicked it back up and power lines burned down and all sorts of stuff like that.....there's a City guy out front cleaning the crabgrass off the curb and sidewalk.....he uses a gas edger, and then comes back with a shovel and scrapes the grass and weeds and dirt out into the street, where the sweeping truck will get it eventually.....I've seen this same guy working in the neighborhood for months, it looks like a real slow job.....but I guess it hasn't been done for years, at least in the mill village area......I edge it myself as best I can with a line trimmer in the Summer, but I haven't done anything with it for months now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment