Friday, May 17, 2013

heirloom building materials

cousin Charlotte says they are taking down the old Tingle farmhouse out in Ora.....cousin Elizabeth's husband is in the lumber business, working with contractors building places up in the mountains, and he is taking the boards and tin roof, etc.....so it's not going to just be bulldozed and taken to a land-fill, it's going to be recycled ......they decided that it's too dangerous to leave it standing in the condition it's in.....I would agree.....another nice morning here, not too hot, not too cool....pleasant....I'll walk for exercise this morning, since the yard is pretty well cleaned up now.....I fried some onion with a bratwurst, and toasted a whole wheat bun cut in half with olive oil drizzled on, plus some mustard and mayo made a hearty sandwich at supper....with my cole slaw I'd made earlier in the afternoon so it could chill in the fridge.....today I guess I'll alternate to chicken again, like Wednesday.....the chicken salad gets better too in the fridge.....for lunch on pumpernickel......got Franzia sangria in the fridge also.....and I got the first bag of ice since last year yesterday in the freezer......of course around here some trendy bar in Greenville comes up with sweet-tea sangria served at the roof-top lounge.....in the paper it said that's made with white rum in it too.....I don't have any white rum, but I know where I can get it......watched Saving Private Perez last night on Netflix.....pretty funny.....

No comments:

Post a Comment