Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

dawns bright and sunny.....warmer out.....had a green salad with my supper hamburger....only one burger left now.....might get close to 90 later, a taste of what lies ahead in actual Summer.....I haven't really looked at watermelons.....suppose grocery stores are open at least part of the day, but it's too late to chill a melon in the fridge for holiday consumption on the front porch in the early evening.....quiet around here.....at ten over on the square there will be the JROTC from the high school doing a color guard, with the high school band playing too I think.....Memorial ceremony....I might look for hiking sandals soon, I wear out a pair every year before schools starts again.....the rubber tip on my cane was wearing uneven, so I twisted it around with water-pump pliers to get a fresh surface.....

No comments:

Post a Comment