Monday, November 16, 2009

another pleasant morning

more or less.....the guy who fixed things at the Resort had shown me the trick of just turning the stopper on the sewer line outside the bathroom upside down and just leaving it sitting there instead of screwed in....that way if the line backs up, it can't back all the way up into the house....well, when I brought the trashcan back in from the street this morning, I noticed that the stopper had in fact floated up, so I looked and the line was backed up. So I used this kind of plunger I got a while back that you pump up and down real fast and it sends resonant shock waves into whatever is plugging the plumbing....it worked. But I also went to the store and bought a bottle of that stuff for cleaning the line to the street. It had been over a year since I had used any of that, I think. I also picked up all the sticks the hurricane had blown out of the trees, and put them out at the curb for the city to pick up. They usually do that on Tuesdays, on my street.

No comments:

Post a Comment