Wednesday, November 4, 2009

old mill village bathrooms

were apparently entered off the back porch.....according to a little piece I was reading in the Clinton paper....and some of the sheds in the backyards started off as outhouses? I knew the bathroom and laundry porch at my house had been remodeled somewhere along the line....there are some houses in the village that look like the same model as mine, but they don't have the laundry part enclosed, just roofed over....and you still have to go out the kitchen door and onto the back porch to get to the bathroom I guess. I bet it was cold in the bathroom in the Winter, since the house was heated only by the two coal burning fireplaces.....the Company supplied coal.....well, I went to the grocery store and the gas station already, and the mail has been....just ads....so I guess I'll go for a walk.....still cool enough to need a jacket this morning, high of 62 predicted for the day.....they had apples two bags for one, so I've got lots of apples.....I think I'll do the dish again with fried apples wedges and sweet potato slices.....

No comments:

Post a Comment