Sunday, November 8, 2009

that will cures what ails you

I had a little bit of sniffles and sneeze....so I wanted swap-meet soup:E-Z elote sopa....one can whole kernel corn, one can red enchilada sauce, one can green enchilada sauce, one can chicken broth, 1/4 cup diced onion, olive oil, parmesan cheese, Fritos.....you could remember cilantro and garlic, but I didn't.....In a large sauce pan heat olive oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan....saute diced onion briefly, add drained corn and roast briefly, add enchilada sauces and chicken broth, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low, simmer for two or three hours, checking every once in a while and stirring.....maybe 45 minutes before you want to eat, uncover, reduce heat to low, and add perhaps 1/2 cup grated cheese and one handful of Fritos, about as much as a small bag of those....stir well to blend in the cheese, and let simmer down until the smell fills the house and you just have to go ahead and eat. The corn should be fully tender cooked, and the Fritos about like the tortilla in tortilla soup. Made my nose run, and put a fire in my belly, which is what I was after. Looks like enough for two or three more meals, I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment