Wednesday, November 18, 2009

that's that

did my Thanksgiving shopping....WalMart advertised turkeys for 40 cents a pound, but I went to BiLo anyway, where I usually shop....got a 12 pounder for six bucks....and with the turkey purchase and my regular grocery shopping, I get 20 cents a gallon off the next time I fill up at Shell....which is only every six weeks or so.....and I got all the other stuff for turkey dinner, plus a disposable roasting pan, and a whisk for gravy....I didn't have one of those anymore....and I got some chicken livers, and some short ribs of beef to braise with sauerkraut....and enough meals to last 'til turkey day, after which I'll go on a turkey diet for a while.....low 50s, windy, cloudy, probably going to rain by the afternoon......

5 comments:

  1. So you decided on whiskey gravy instead of burbon gravy... either one would be interesting. We are going to Cory's parents house for Turckey day. His Brother and his family, and Cory's grandma are coming up from Fresno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bourbon is whiskey....I bought a whisk, the utensil for whisking.....my old neighbor Paul made bourbon gravy that time he cooked a goose for Christmas dinner....that's where I got the idea....it was delicious....

    ReplyDelete
  3. whiskey! bourbon! give a shot of both!

    You have to send me the receipe for Bourbon Gravy, I might may a go of that.

    I guess I have to go get a turkey this weekend. We don't have a oven, it is busted, but I do have my carcoal based unit, which does the job, or rather a Weber.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I learned something new... I had no idea bourbon and whiskey were one and the same. However not to be confused with a whisk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan, the recipe for bourbon gravy is: add bourbon to the gravy.

    ReplyDelete