Wednesday, June 16, 2010

sweet white corn 20 cents an ear

I got some of that, and some spinach greens, some red grapes from around Bakersfield, a good price on strip steak.....and I did get stir-fry stuff....bag of frozen veggies plus some bean sprouts and chow-mien noodles, sweet-and-sour sauce....I couldn't find any plum sauce, and the manager had never heard of it.....one time that manager was checking because it got busy, and he didn't know what an artichoke was....I had to tell him how to spell it so he could get the code off the list.....tonight I'll have a piece of strip steak done with a clove of garlic in the iron skillet, cold deli macaroni salad, and some of the corn.....sort of a celebration meal, since my Social Security started showing up in my checking today....third Wednesday of the month .....that will work out OK with my utility billing cycle....today I spent $25 for a week of dinners......

No comments:

Post a Comment