Wednesday, March 13, 2013

artichoke

I think I mentioned that last time they had a dollar off on artichokes I got one and the girl asked me what it was when I was checking out....so she could look up the price since it didn't have a sticker on it.....this time I got one and a guy in a Clemson sweatshirt was the checker.....he took one look at the artichoke and just moved it on through.....he didn't know what it was so he didn't even charge me for it?  It's not on my receipt when I got home anyway.....so a piece of steak and free artichoke for supper today, with maybe some beans as the second side.....they did have fresh baked rye bread in the bakery section.....got canned corned beef, a whole brisket is just too much for me to deal with.....got a whole fried chicken .....etc.....30F windchill 'round about sun-up.....67 yesterday, might get to 57 today.....got the local paper for the week to read now.....still have a bit of pork left for a lunch today, and then it will be corned beef sandwiches for a while....

No comments:

Post a Comment