Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter eggs

none in this house.....but yesterday as I was coming back from my walk through downtown I saw the church grounds across from my house all covered with the plastic eggs.....so I went in and took off my jacket and went and got the iPad and went out to take a picture of the lawn and eggs.....but I was too late....they had let the kids loose and it was like a swarm of locusts or something.....the eggs all disappeared before I could get a picture....some showers came through just before dawn this morning, so maybe there were puddles for the sunrise services outdoors.....but it was dry and not really cold much on my early walk.....a few more sprinkles just went through a couple of minutes ago too.....might get up to 70 today, more like Spring weather.....I had Cotton Country Buttermilk Cornbread Mix....and I put an egg in it to make Southern Egg Cornbread as they called it on the instructions.....tasty stuff, with black-eyed peas cooked with diced ham, onion, garlic, spinach greens.....enough leftover for another day.....had a ham and swiss on rye Saturday lunch with pickle slices and mustard and mayo.....around ten last night it was still warm enough to sit out on the porch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment