Friday, March 15, 2013

overnight freeze again

I hope that stops happening when Spring gets here next week......they had a farmer on the evening news saying that there had been too much rain this Winter.....it helped with the drought, which is good.....but it kept the fields so flooded and muddy that he can't get his tractors out to plow for Spring planting.....always something....glad I'm not a farmer.....I'm still walking after lunch, 'cause it's been too cold to walk this time of day....still 32 out right now at nine in the morning....did bundle up and walk for the paper.....clear and cold, not much wind.....the natural gas bill was right at 100 bucks again for last month, but that should be the last big one of the heating season.....have to start yard work sometime soon, need to trim up some bushes while the sap is rising.....some folks are already running lawnmowers for the first time since last year.....but I'll hold off on that, my weeds aren't getting high yet....I had a corned beef and jack cheese sandwich on the last whole wheat roll for Thursday lunch, so now we go to corned beef and rye just in time for St. Paddy......fried chicken platter last night.....maybe the same today, or maybe steak and ranch beans, with mac n cheese?  I have a frozen Thai Red Curry too, for some day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment