Sunday, March 17, 2013

green sweatshirt

so I'm good for wearing the green this morning.....nice Sunday so far, dogwoods starting to bloom around the neighborhood.....was 78 yesterday and should be similar today....and then chance of rain and colder temps tonight and Monday-Tuesday.....20 degrees cooler for the highs than the weekend....I was sitting out on the porch around ten last night, and it was comfortable enough.....an item of local news is meetings being held regarding more chicken broiler farms getting permitted.....it's a going business in the county already, but folks near the proposed sites are fussing that it will smell bad.....they don't raise them for eggs, just for eating.....the article I was reading said it takes 65 days to get them ready for market, and then they spread out the chicken shit which causes the stink, but contractors come and scoop it up pretty quick and sell it to vegetable farmers.....rural county problems....the smell was pretty bad on Paradise Mountain from the chicken ranches there for sure....it's out on 308 towards Ora where they are having the fuss.....I've got chicken for supper myself today I guess, might be local raised, I don't know.....had steak, beans, mac n cheese last night.....watched a good British secret service type movie....nobody got shot or beat up or anything, but it was still an entertaining flick.....got another Steinhauer eastern Europe spy novel on kindle, so I have that and one more library book to read.....

No comments:

Post a Comment