Thursday, May 3, 2012

already smells good

and it's only nine in the morning....4 gloves of garlic, a handful of chopped cilantro, handful of diced onion, and 4 lbs. of pork butt.....all day in the crock pot.....overcast, mid-60s so far today.....will get up close to 90?  I can go walk while it's still cool and then I need to sweep, mop, and vacuum.....the very last bit of the meatloaf will make a lunch sandwich today.....and then it's going to be the tacos for a week at least....that's OK with me, I like tacos.....I'll make some guacamole.....the AAA magazine here covers the Carolinas, and each issue features some region of the two states.....like the coastal areas, the mountains....the mag that came yesterday features the Upstate....right around Clinton in other words.....there are little articles about Spartanburg and Greenville....and some of the other towns....and the battlefields....and other points of historical interest, etc.....tourists in the Upstate?  why not.....some time I should go up and check out the Blue Ridge mountains and all that I suppose.....but I'm just too lazy to run around much....and too cheap to burn gasoline.....

2 comments:

  1. pretty soon I can try pulling the pork with two big forks....and then let stew in it's own juices for a couple more hours on low.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked dirty martini for cocktail hour....make it a double.....and I used the old avocado in brown paper bag trick and got one just right for the guacamole for today's supper....with Vidlia onion, cilantro, and a little chili power....I have yellow corn tortillas this time, the smaller size.....I may or may not bother with the frijoles....might just have tacos and olives .....

    ReplyDelete