Wednesday, May 16, 2012

hot and muggy

Got my walking and shopping done.....even went looking for a plain old fashioned pitchfork to clean up some dead vines and stuff in the back, but couldn't find one.....are they too dangerous to sell anymore? We might go attack zombies with them or something.....so I got a thing called a "yard and bedding fork" that's made in China out of various plastic pieces....but it looks like it will be OK for the purpose, and I can't fall on any sharp parts by accident and injure myself....there are no sharp parts.....it's like a gardening spork.....I've got New York strip steak and salad greens for today I think.....and I got fixings for chili with the pork for the meat in it.....watched a Yes concert last night....some tricky guitar playing there.....ended with Roundabout....I might turn on Yes radio on MOG and just sit down now....was nothing but junk in the mail today and yesterday.....

1 comment:

  1. Went through the Clinton weekly paper....nothing much exciting.....one article is about hiring an expert to see if the high school stadium built in 1974 is going to be safe to use for some more years or not.....worries about rusting rebar or something.....they built a new high school right about the time I moved here, but didn't end up with the bucks to build a new stadium....so they play football games at the old campus, which isn't very far away from the new campus.....the long and the short of it is that the way things are now, there is no real prospect of building a new venue, so they hope the old one gets a good report so they can continue to afford insurance on the liability of letting crowds sit in the bleachers.....and I guess "they" is really "us", since I'm involved in this at the taxpayer level.....

    ReplyDelete