Sunday, May 20, 2012

nothin' could be finer

than to be in Caroliner in the morrrrning.....the folks didn't have many phonograph records, but they did have that Spike Lee....I think that's his name, isn't it? [actually Spike Jones] Beautiful out on the morning walk, clear, bright, 52 degrees, a little breeze.....felt almost like out camping in the mountains.....on a more disgruntled note, roku starting marketing in the U.K. so that opened a whole can of worms with the BBC license thing and now BBC 24 hour world news live doesn't work on roku in the U.S.A. I contacted customer support to express my dismay, but I don't think the powers that be are going switch it back on anytime soon, if ever......so I'll have to just watch Al-Jeezera.....I guess BBC America is on channel 38.1 or something some time in the evening after the local news I usually watch on 4.1.......or there's RT from Russia, but that might be controlled by the Putin mob, I'm not sure.....library books are due tomorrow.....and I should cut the weeds out front again pretty soon......20% chance of more rain moving in overnight tonight....the ads in the Sunday paper were all about Memorial Day grilling.....I saw one thing about turning a Weber kettle into a smoker....don't think I'll bother, the Weber hasn't left the shed since I moved here.....you can do ribs in the oven well enough.....I watched a Canned Heat concert from 1973....people in the crowd looked wasted.....

2 comments:

  1. well, Sky News works through nowhere tv.....bSkyb, British satellite television, like dish or direct tv.....so I can get my funny accent news from sort of the second string news bunch from across the pond....this is the outfit Murdoch was trying to take over.....

    i


    w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday.....the audio is back on BBC news through nowhere tv....so I'm watching my UK weather forecast.....here it might rain later in the night....

    ReplyDelete