Sunday, November 7, 2010

freezing

was 32 when I went for the paper, some light frost in shady places. Didn't sleep very well, was wondering if the unusual sugar intake from the dessert table at the reunion was messing with my metabolism or something....or maybe I was just too stuffed to sleep right. Fixed rum-and-egg french toast with thin fried ham slices for Sunday breakfast.....the weekly throw-away newspaper, the Laurens County Advertiser, had the voting breakdown for the county by precinct, and I was surprised to see that Clinton Mill precinct voted for Sheheen, the Democratic governor candidate, by a little more than three to one. He lost to that Sarah Palin clone by 5 points statewide, something like that.....so I guess my immediate neighborhood isn't terribly conservative after all.....so the sun is back on it's natural rotation, and it will be getting dark around dinner time.....and it won't be in my eyes on my 7:30 walk, it will be an hour up in the sky.....the Greenville paper says they are going to start printing the weekday comics in color (?) and they are going to drop Mary Worth.....heavens to betsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment