Tuesday, November 23, 2010

stimulate the economy

I ordered an "electric fireplace stove" online....I tried to shop locally, but couldn't find what I wanted....this looks like a small cast-iron stove, with a flame illusion, and should heat my living room easily and cheaply....I'll move the oil-filled electric radiator heater from behind the sofa to the foot of my bed....so at bedtime I can turn off the zone heating in the living room, and turn it on in the bedroom....I might save enough on the whole-house heating this way to pay for the new stove ($99, free shipping, no tax).....and I think the flickering illusion of a log fire on cold Winter nights will be nice.....life is illusion anyway, by and large....it's made by Duraflame, their "budget shopper" model.....maybe I can find an old black iron kettle to set on top of the thing por ambience....

No comments:

Post a Comment