Monday, November 8, 2010

waiting for the library to open

at nine.....I was awake per usual time, rather than clock time.....so I'm an hour ahead of myself, or something....more frost today than yesterday, clear and crisp again.....they say it will gradually warm up this week, and it might rain by the coming weekend.....I've got some hamburger that needs to be used soon, there was some leftover from making the enchilada pie, so I'll make a patty melt for lunch today.....I saw two episodes of Drive-ins, Diners, and Dives yesterday that I had never seen before.....if I had money, I would open Cousin Steve's Famous Food and Drink.....if you could get on on-site liquor license in this town. There was a Greek guy in Riverside who called his burger joint "Pete and Georgia's Famous Food"....I'd go in there for lunch sometimes, and once somebody asked Pete "How come you claim to serve famous food? I've never heard of this place before."Pete said "Well, you've heard of hamburgers before, right? And you've heard of gyros? And french fries? What's not famous about our food?" Maybe I'll have a famous patty melt for lunch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment