Thursday, December 9, 2010

19 degrees (again)

Cold snap continues, without much relief on the horizon.....we're running 15-20 degrees below average for this particular time of year....so it's hard to get up the gumption to go outside for a walk around the park.....maybe later in the day it will warm up a bit.....rib report: I hadn't done ribs with just a rub in a long time....I used a McCormick Mesquite Seasoning that was marked down to $1.29....about half of the little shaker bottle on 2.5 lbs. of baby back ribs.....that went into the iron skillet with the iron lid from my camping dutch oven which fits perfectly and I did the 3 hours at three-hundred.....fall-off-the-bones tender, fat all cooked out of 'em, flavorful from the rub.....enough of them left for two or three more meals....oh, I used oregano on the bottom of the slabs, rub on top....Celtics were playing Denver last night, and beat them....Celtics are on again tonight vs. the 76ers.....you see lots of Celtics on the East Coast I guess.....I can hear a train going by....I think it's about time for the coal train.....

No comments:

Post a Comment