Sunday, September 27, 2009

it's trying to burn off

but more clouds keep coming down from the north-west....off the mountains more or less.....the Hose lost again.....Furman won that underwater game......Clemson lost again....I went to the store for more bread, and also got Hot and Spicy V8, generic mayo substitute, and ant traps. I'm in an ant war, looks like. These things that say they get the queen have worked for me in the past....the ants at the Resort were notorious.....these seem to be the grease ants, not the sugar ants....I got a one dollar avocado the other day, and had ham-avo-egg scramble on toast for breakfast....this avocado is better than the last one I tried....I've got rye bread, deli ham, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut....that makes a pretty good sandwich.....I think that might be a Rachel, if it's a Ruben with corned beef? But today will be ham and avocado, since kraut keeps better than avocado....life is so complicated, la-de-da-de-da (Kinks).....

1 comment:

  1. nope, googling it, a Rachel substitutes pastrami and cole slaw for the corned beef and sauerkraut in a Ruben.....so I guess what I had for lunch yesterday was just a grilled ham and swiss on rye with kraut, and a kosher dill spear, and a glass of burgandy.

    ReplyDelete