Wednesday, September 2, 2009

senior grocery day

Blue sky and a north wind.....sunny yet cool.....they had grapes 99 cents per lb., and good looking white corn 5 for a dollar.....the stuff is out for Labor Day BBQ I guess.....my Weber kettle has never made it out of the shed....I haven't been organized enough to get charcoal and lighter fluid and figure out where a good place to BBQ would be....I don't have a deck like at the Resort....some neighbors just grill on the front porch....there are some houses on Oakland St. not far away that have brick screen porches with built in BBQs.....I guess in pre-AC days that was a really good idea for the hot months, like the outdoor kitchens behind some farm houses....

1 comment:

  1. BBQ out front, make some tender baby back ribs, and some hot dogs...make enough to last the week.

    ReplyDelete