Friday, April 22, 2011

rain, some thunder

drove to get the newspaper.....stayed up to 11 watching basketball, then didn't sleep all that well, since I'd messed with my routine? Going to be in the 60's today, rain and drizzle possible most of the day.....so it's a good day to go ahead and put the ham in the oven....6.65 lbs of smoked butt for $7.72 ......it's says it's hardwood smoked.....wouldn't want any of that damn softwood smoke, that's for sure.....I ordered a "leaf" indoor HDTV antenna, but Amazon was having issues yesterday so I got some kind of error message....but I guess the order finally went through.....it's a made in USA device, from North Carolina....then I'll get a Roku box and an XM tuner, pay $10 a month for the "mostly music" option from Sirius XM, and pay $8 a month for Netflix.....instead of the almost $70 a month I've been paying for 200 Dish channels, of which I only ever watch a half-dozen usually.....thus saving about $600 a year, or $6,000 over 10 years......I should Google oven time and temp for the ham.....

1 comment:

  1. the more I read about roku, the more it looks like maybe I could do away with Sirius xm too, just pay the netflix, and use whatever music is free online.....get away with eight bucks a month?

    ReplyDelete