Thursday, April 28, 2011

Roku

I guess it isn't really "Rock-you", it's "Row-que".....whatever....I got back from my walk and the box had come in the mail, so I unplugged my Dish box and hooked up the Roku to my router and to my TV and stereo.....it works great.....clear picture and good sound....the computer works just as fast as usual with the streaming video running at the same time on the device...I wasn't sure how that would work.....it took about 45 minutes and six transfers between different voices to cancel the Dish bill and get that unbundled from AT&T-Bellsouth.....I haven't set up the Netflix yet, or explored all the stuff on Roku.....I just turned on a Bruce Lee flick from something called Crackle which is free and that's been running in the background as I wrestled with the voices....one had such a strange foreign accent that I just plain could not figure what she was saying....anyway, so now I am in the post satellite-cable era.....with local news over the air, and movies, TV shows, etc... on demand...

1 comment:

  1. I went ahead and started a Netflix free trial, and a mog free trial....I'll probably keep them both for a total of 13 bucks a month....the mog audio quality is crystal clear....better than satellite? They are playing music that suits me just fine, on their "greatest guitarists of all time" channel.....beautiful afternoon now that all the weather has blown through and cleared off.....

    ReplyDelete