Sunday, August 7, 2011

some rain last night

cooled things off nicely before bedtime, so I could leave some windows open for sleeping......now around 10:30 Sunday morning it's starting to burn off, with a mostly West wind.....french toast with sausage for breakfast.....yesterday I made a little different lunch.....ham and egg on a wheat bun with mayo and lettuce.....I remember a little corner cafe on York Blvd. near Oxy where I used to get a fried egg sandwich sometimes......it was across from York Taco and down one block maybe......York Taco was awesome......if you went west from there on York there was the Sea Breeze.....this little beer bar with nets and floats hanging on the walls, and coin pool tables, and a pitcher of PBR for $1.00.....in the morning anyway I think that was the special price......shoot, you used to be able to get a plastic quart of Pabst for 75 cents in a mom-and-pop market where some kid was behind the counter who didn't give a damn how old you were as long as you were handing him the money.....the old days.....there was a Jack-in-the-Box a couple of blocks off campus where you ordered and gave them your money, but you almost never got back what you ordered exactly.....but you would get more items than you had paid for, so what the heck? I think they just gave away the tacos if they had been sitting a while, if they had made too many by mistake or something.....don't know what I want for lunch today.....guess what I've got is ham-and-cheddar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment