Friday, August 19, 2011

some rain yesterday evening

they say it got up to 90, but it seemed cool enough to me all day long.....watched some preseason football, but just up to half-time again, then turned it off.....out on the front porch around ten you could hear a pep rally or something coming from over at the college.....the freshmen are there for an orientation week.....there was drumming and chants of some sort.....later next week there will be a party downtown to introduce the new students to the town, and a band and dance afterwards.....it will be a band from Laurens that has a couple of records out, and goes on little regional tours and such.....the shrimp enchilada experiment was a success, just like I knew what I was doing......leftovers for several meals looks like.....I'll have a fish burger for lunch, and chicken with rice and green beans for supper.....I put a tablespoon of organic pure cocoa in my oatmeal and raisins this morning.....I think I'll keep doing that, it was good.....beautiful looking day right now.....clear, temperate, a gentle breeze.....

No comments:

Post a Comment