Thursday, October 15, 2009

cold, gray

When I got out of bed it was 50 inside, and 46 outside....it's still 46 outside later in the morning.....but it's OK inside, since I went ahead and turned on the heater for the first time this "heating season".....I guess that season must have started anyway.....it said in the paper that if you heat with natural gas, which I do, then your bill for the heating season would be something like $185 less than last heating season.....any savings sounds good to me.....natural gas has gone down in price because demand is less because the economy went in the tank ......gas for the car is cheaper too, I filled up the other day at $2.15 a gallon......with the cold weather, I'm going to have a "comfort food" day I think....I'm looking at a chili dog with onion and cheese for lunch, and a piece of pork steak with cornbread stuffing and lima beans for dinner.....you can jazz up a box of stuffing mix with onion or mushrooms or whatever, and get your "starch" side that way....and for the single person it's probably enough for three suppers or so.....microwaves up real nice as a leftover....and it's dang cheap per serving.....anyway, that's about it for the food and weather I guess.....hmm, the mail truck just drove by, didn't stop here.....

3 comments:

  1. The mail truck just drove by at 603am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was 903 here....I think Yahoo still thinks I'm in California, if it thinks at all.....I'm only two blocks from the P.O., so the mail comes pretty early in the day.....

    ReplyDelete