Monday, October 5, 2009

no walk this morning

drove to the grocery store and got a newspaper there, along with a 9 volt for a smoke detector, a light bulb for the bathroom, apple juice, apple jelly (marmalade all gone).......and a couple of other things.....for the second time, I forgot tea bags, but I still have four or five left I think....it's damp and chilly and windy outside.....had quite a lot of rain already....oh well, I wandered around in the grocery store, maybe I can count that as exercise, or maybe I'll get a chance later to walk around the neighborhood some today if the weather lets up......

2 comments:

  1. Yo Steve~

    Is it time for Chilli?

    What do you make yours with?

    Some hot hot peppers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best chili is made with olive oil, onion, garlic, bell pepper, leftover pork roast or leftover flank steak (or just use ground round or country sausage).....and Grandma's brand chili power.....pinto beans and small red kidney beans, and a can of dark beer....I never buy really hot peppers, no sense in just heat with no flavor....get it all browned and then simmering, add the beer, and then slow cook on stove or in crock pot.....serve over corn-bread, or Fritos....garnish with grated cheese, or throw on a glop of pimento cheese, like I did a week or so ago....probably also be some oregano in there, and maybe cilantro, to taste.....

    ReplyDelete