Tuesday, October 20, 2009

warmed up nicely this afternoon

it's getting close to 70. So maybe tomorrow I'll get the mower out one more time....with the heating season starting, the mowing season is about over ......I walked around the park before lunch, and had some mail in the box when I got back....the usual Tuesday ads, and the property tax bill for 2009. It's not due until January, but I went ahead and wrote a check for $211.38 right now anyway, and will drop it off at the Post Office as I go by on my walk in the morning. I've been sitting out on the front porch for a while, getting warm and almost nodding off.....The other day I walked over through downtown....Sunday I guess....and in the city lot behind the building where you can pay utilities if you want to, they have this AMC Matador Barcelona sitting there....it's pretty cheery....with a 360 and trick dual pipes....if you pay five bucks you can get into a raffle for it, with the draw on Halloween I think.....the sucker isn't even locked...I opened the door and sat in it and popped the hood and looked at the motor....and didn't see any body else the whole time.....this town is cool, I love it.....anyway, should I put in the $5? What would I do with another car....have to pay more insurance.....but that 360 is a badass motor, since they let you take all the smog stuff off in SC........









2 comments:

  1. So sell your other car if you get the AMC

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, I would sell the AMC if I won it in the raffle....not as practical as the Jeep.....

    ReplyDelete