Saturday, October 3, 2009

the Parade of Power

that's the tractor parade....it was at 11, and I went home after that....I went over to the squeal deal around nine and stayed for a couple of hours....ran into Cindy with little Adie and Ed, and wandered around with them....they had some nice old cars and trucks.....and down by the tractors a guy was running a one-lung engine similar to that one WB had for a while, except this one had a muffler so it wasn't as loud.....they had a pickle eating contest....one poor kid looked like he was about to get sick.....and they had arts and crafts booths and lots of carnival food and BBQ which I didn't buy any of because the prices were pretty high for what you got, I thought.....I stopped by Wendy's on the way home and got a double cheeseburger and a chocolate frosty for $2.16.....a can of Coke was two bucks at the Squealing......they have bands and fireworks tonight in the park, but I think I'll just watch the Gamecocks football at home instead of going back over to Laurens. By the time I left, it had burned off and was warming up....and the crowd was getting thicker....my oven baked back ribs came out really good the other day, and I have plenty of them left for more meals.....

No comments:

Post a Comment