Thursday, January 20, 2011

another Thursday

frost on the ground, 29 with the windchill on the sunrise walk.....mostly sunny right now, but the forecast is for increasing cloudiness leading up to a possibility of showers overnight.....I made sweet and sour pork last night, with bell pepper, pineapple chunks, and diced up scallions.....the grocery store ad called them "green pencil onions".....and I used a bottle of s&s sauce. I did not batter the pork cubes, just browned them in olive oil.....maybe someday I'll try to do it with batter ......Betty Crocker tells you how to do it with Bisquick.....she tells you how to do a lot of things with Bisquick, come to think of it.....using a little less water, and letting the rice sit in the pan for a bit made it come out pretty much like the sticky rice in a Chinese place.....probably enough saucy pork and veggies left for another two bowls of rice. So I might just have that for leftovers this evening, or I might get motivated and go head on and make a curry.....

No comments:

Post a Comment