Saturday, March 5, 2011

the cloud blanket

kept it in the mid-40's overnight, so the walk this morning wasn't as cold as yesterday.....70% chance of rain today, tonight, and Sunday morning.......I'm going to go ahead and do the pintos with sausage over cornbread today.....yesterday after pork, potato, and lima beans I was falling asleep watching the news in the nice warm living room.....mellowed out.....for tomorrow I have the fixin's for a proper Sunday dinner.....fried chicken, rice-and-gravy, cut corn.....finished one sci-fi book, and now I have three novels set in the South to read.....I think they are all three about Georgia in fact......one of them mentions a Pulaski.....like Uncle Pulaski, the guy who left his plow and mule out in a Georgia field one day and went off looking for a better life in Florida.....the Pulaski name comes from Count Pulaski I believe.....a Polish nobleman who fought in the Revolution and had a county named in his honor......

No comments:

Post a Comment