Tuesday, March 29, 2011

from the front porch

I'm sitting out because it warmed up to about 60.....and I hear the lady around the corner coming with her two grandkids that she babysits....a 3 year old boy, and a girl who's a little over 1 I think....she is pushing the girl in one of those plastic strollers that looks like a race-car, and the boy is riding a tricycle, and the grandma is yelling at him to stay with her and not go racing off...but of course the kid is going as fast as he can to get into the big puddle in the church parking lot....a puddle like a small pond.....the lady is yelling at him to stay out of the water, but in he goes....so she catches up and tells him to ride out of the puddle....so he gets off the trike and starts splashing back and forth the length of the puddle, soaking his white tennis shoes I'm sure....so she tells him again to get out because he will catch a cold getting wet.....so he sits down in the puddle....so she tells him now he's got his pants all wet and to get out of the puddle....so he starts rolling around in the puddle like a pig in mud......what a holy terror....I was sitting on the porch and cracking-up, thinking that I was 3000 miles from any 3 year old grandson....though I'm sure Colton would never be such a stinker.....

No comments:

Post a Comment