Sunday, March 13, 2011

the house next door

Two guys were out looking at the abandoned burned out house next door.....the one guy has something to do with the church across the street....he might be going to be the new pastor, since I saw in the paper that the current preacher is thinking of retiring.....anyway, what I did overhear them saying, as I was sitting out on my front porch on a beautiful day, is that they thought they could get the place for the back taxes, bulldoze it out, and then move the old house across the street from it off the church property and put that on the bulldozed lot. Sounds like quite a project to me.....they said they would only have to move it 150 feet.....I guess you would have to build new brick piers, or do something else to support the wood part of the foundation.....I forget who told me that the old house they want to move was full of termites....maybe it was some man from the City, maybe not......anyway, it's all none of my business.....as long as they do the demolition in a proper and legal manner so I don't get polluted in the process.....

No comments:

Post a Comment