Wednesday, June 22, 2011

grocery shopping

fried chicken and pork chops will dominate this week's menu.....bean salad, fried apples, pork-n-beans, grits.... are possible sides.....took advantage of the two-for-one deal on large bottles of olive oil.....last night the usual thunder storm went through around bedtime.....and rain came behind it around midnight.....still a few drops of rain on the newspaper walk, and a 30% chance of rain this afternoon and evening....I've been alternating lunches between tostadas and bbq sandwiches....today is a sandwich day, I'm pretty sure......when I use up the bbq meat, I have some thick bologna to use as lunch-meat......a fried thick bologna sandwich is something an eatery around here might feature in the weekly specials.....the old cafe over by the mill has a help-wanted ad in the Clinton paper this week, so I guess it really is going to open.....

No comments:

Post a Comment