Wednesday, June 29, 2011

walking, groceries, newspapers

once again there's a breeze keeping it fairly nice in the morning.....last night I could turn the air off and open the windows around sunset, what with the usual thunder and rain passing through to cool things off.... in the afternoon the heat index got up to 104 by 1:30 or so......so the AC ran for a few hours.....I found some ribs that look like they will work for me at the store....and the corn looks OK.....and I bought a bag of slaw mix, and some ham....more oatmeal, eggs, OJ.....some sandwich rolls to use with ham and with pulled pork for light Summer suppers....just a sandwich and a salad side of some kind seems to work well in this weather....reading the obits in the Clinton paper, I wonder about all these folks in their 40's and early 50's kicking off....in the Greenville paper there was a woman 29 years old.....of course they never say what people die of....well, sometimes they say if it's cancer I guess.....but I wonder what happened sometimes....is it all due to smoking and fried fatback? Or crashing motorcycles, drunk with no helmet.....that's a good one around here....or rolling your pick-up with no seatbelt fastened, open container in evidence.....ain't nobody gonna tell ME what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment