Friday, June 24, 2011

took advantage of a cool morning

and went out and mowed the yard, front and back.....it was cloudy and breezy early on, now it's cleared off.....Earl has some people working out in his back yard.....I don't know what he could be building there, since the utility easement goes down the middle of his yard .....I suppose he knows what he's doing.....there's a skip-loader starting to dig.....but if they are trying to dig for a pool, they are going to hit the water line, or come damn close.....not my business I guess, until my water stops flowing......so I got off to a late start with reading the paper, since I went and got it, but didn't read it until after doing the yard-work.....haven't checked the mail yet either.....I read in the paper that half of the SC corn crop is sub-par due to the heat-wave.....it's getting burned on the stalk before they can get the harvest in.....peaches are OK so far, they got ripe early so they could bring them in before the real heat hurt them......but sweet corn isn't going to be cheap 4th of July weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment