Friday, June 24, 2011

on the radar

it looks like some thunderstorm type stuff might be tracking in this direction.....muggy as heck, but not all that hot in the house.....maybe rain will get here before I need to turn on the AC.....watching those guys working over the back fence, it looks like they graded an area flat, and are forming it up to pour a pad.....maybe for a travel trailer.....about that size I would say.....around here a travel trailer is called a "camper"....I don't know what they call the old things like people used to put on the back of a pick-up truck.....thinking about it, I haven't seen one of those rigs in years.....don't remember ever seeing one in Clinton.....relegated to the past, like so much else? Today will be cold supper for sure, too hot to cook.....chilled fried chicken from the grocery store deli.....potato salad.....maybe chilled fried apples.....I should have put that can of three-bean salad in the fridge too, but I'm pretty sure it just got stuck in the cupboard on grocery day.....the wind is picking up, and clouds are coming and going.....maybe some little storm is on the way.....

2 comments:

  1. well, googleing "truck camper" reveals that there still is a business in those things, new and used....it's just that I never see them around like I used to....out shopping, or parked in a drive-way or whatever....I know there are none in evidence where I usually walk.....at the Walmart parking lot the other day I don't remember any.....the crazy things always struck me as unsafe anyway.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here they call campers (camper shell's) canopies.

    ReplyDelete