Thursday, May 26, 2011

cool breeze

some high clouds....keeping it nice this morning, around 70F.....out walking I ran into this older neighbor who gets out walking sometimes.....he said that the old Red's is applying for a permit to be a lounge.....which means a liquor bar I guess.....the Baptists will fight that, I'm sure.....and he said a house a couple of blocks down had sold to pharmacy students, who were fixing it up pretty well.....it smells like a forest fire outside ......the neighbor thought 50 acres had burned somewhere near Spartanburg, where a plane had crashed.....I saw something like that on the news last night, but I thought that had happened on the side of a mountain in North Carolina.....well, the wind is from the West, could have been over towards those mountains and the smoke be carrying to here.....50% chance of thunderstorms this evening.....we'll see what happens with the festivities on the square late today.....the money for the bands they have during the warmer months comes from the motel room tax they put on all those places over on the interstate.....so people just passing through pay for a large part of parks improvements around here, and for things like local events in the little towns....works for me.....I'm going to have spaghetti and a salad for supper today, and I'm thinking a stuffed pepper and black-eyed peas for Friday......

No comments:

Post a Comment