Friday, May 20, 2011

washed the Jeep

it needed it.....and checked the tire pressure....they needed it.....was cloudy on the first walk, warmer on the second walk, going to get in the 80's late in the day? Might be almost 90 for the reunion late Saturday.....the beef rib meat got tender enough, and I've got enough for maybe two more dinners, and a small piece I think I'll chop up to make a sandwich for lunch one day.....today, for variety, I'm planning on a pork chop, Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice, and cut corn maybe ......tomorrow supper of course will be the down-home covered dish buffet in Ora.....that's always a trip.....not as many people expected this time as last time I don't think....but that's OK because like 50 people gets to be more or less chaos, as far as trying to talk to everybody some....I'm going to take great-grandpa's 1892 shotgun, grandma Tingle's eyeglasses, and the framed photo of the Tingle family from 1905....with great-grandpa in it, and great-great-grandpa, who was in the Confederate Army in it too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment