Wednesday, May 11, 2011

no UPS store

in Clinton, so I went over to Laurens to send back the Dish receiver.....I found the return box on my porch last night.....and then while I was out I went grocery shopping.....coffee has gone up since the last time I bought any.....I got a cold fried chicken for four bucks, that will make for several meals......it's good chilled, or you can microwave a couple of pieces and figure out a couple of sides for a hot supper......the tail end of some stormy weather was still going past when I walked for the newspaper, but it didn't rain on me, just dark clouds and windy.....wind and thunder woke me up around two in the morning I think it was.....by the time I got back and put the groceries away and ate my morning apple it was pretty warm for the park walk.....had cleared off mostly, so it was a little sweaty.....read the weekly Clinton paper.....articles about the city and county budgets.....things are getting worse before they get better....if they are going to get better....still, they don't tax me much.....but they don't have the money to fix the roads either.....108 from here to Ora has been closed for months because the bridge over Duncan Creek is deemed unsafe, and it's not in the budget to fix that......of course our little problems here are nothing compared to the problems along the Mississippi.....

No comments:

Post a Comment