Saturday, May 21, 2011

family reunion

There were a couple dozen people there I think....I didn't actually count....there were graduations and proms and other things going on, so it wasn't as crowded as the last one in the Fall.....I got to talk with Aunt Addie and Aunt Doris a lot at the table .....Uncle Ed was sitting with us too, but he doesn't talk much because I don't think he hears what's being said very well......the ladies were telling us about their aunts and uncles, of that generation.....I don't remember all the names they came up with, but that's all written down somewhere I imagine.....there were only two kids there this time, Bree and Edson.....instead of the swarm that was there before.....there were pimento cheese sandwiches, chicken salad sandwiches, cole slaw, meatballs, mac-and-cheese, green beans, sort of a chicken stew, fried apples......other things I think....and pineapple casserole.....not a dessert, a hot dish.....plus a table of desserts.....sweet tea of course.....I had cheesecake with fresh strawberry and blackberry garnish for my dessert plate.....I was back home by 7, and found a baseball game on Fox HD.....Yankees and Mets.....now I'm going to watch some 10 o'clock news and then go to bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment