Sunday, May 22, 2011

sat on the front porch

for just a short while.....86 out there, cooler in the living room for sure.....had a cold rib-meat sandwich for lunch, on wheat toast with mayo....a few bbq flavor Fritos, glass of wine.....earlier I talked to Nick and Carol briefly about the reunion yesterday, passed along greetings, etc....for some reason I've read four novels recently that took place either in Newfoundland or Maine......and the characters would use the expression "When you see your folks, say me to them..." meaning "say hello to your folks from me" I guess.....anyway, the back home folks said hello to the West Coast folk, is what I'm getting at.....I said I would say them to y'all....Newfoundland sounds like a really hard place....so does Maine.....my neighbor at the Resort, Remi, said that his grandparents in Maine lived in a log cabin without running water or electricity, with an outhouse.....when he visited them as a child.....must have been in the 1950's.....

No comments:

Post a Comment