Tuesday, July 24, 2012

hotter but less humid

that's the prediction for today.....expect 100 degree heat index in the afternoon.....been cleaning house some this morning, and have a small load in the washing machine....the strip steak and shrimp with slaw made a good meal....I can mix up more slaw for today, and finish off the ribs....and then it's a Wednesday and I can start all over again on what to eat for a week....I still have fixin's for another chow mien.....and maybe I can look at mexican of some sort.....just simple beef tacos sound good to me.....I need bread this week, and maybe cheese....and paper napkins, not many of them left.....the City is out painting blue marks where the water lines are up and down Academy.....I talked to the meter reader the other day and he says the first phase of the Mill Village water line project will be the section north of Academy and east of Bailey, going over as far as Jefferson perhaps.....there will be new water and sewer lines installed, and the houses will get new hook-ups with the new radio meters, so they will be able to just drive along and collect their data for billing....this ought to be interesting....the existing infrastructure goes back to the days when the mill-company owned and did everything, back to the Depression era in other words....so the work needs doing for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment